Nairn community group supports individual projects as group events cancelled
26 April 2020
Nairn River Enterprise and Green Hive
In the context of plans for community action on the Black Isle in relation to the Coronavirus crisis, Martin Sherring has drawn attention to how this community group in Nairn is responding to the lockdown by distributing 'starter kits' for practical indoorand outdoor individual activities. Martin writes
Here’s something from Nairn which seems relevant – a tactical change in the Green Hive’s activities, moving away from group events into supported individual activities. I think this is something that could be a real benefit in social distancing times, letting people do things individually but still feel part of a bigger network.
A recent post on the Green Hive website
Happy Earth Day! (Earth Day was 22 February)
As a local charity focusing on the community and enviroment, we want to do our bit to help you connect to people safely and enjoy fun activities with an enviromental focus.
Earth day is the perfect day to make a choice to live more sustainably – join us to make 2020 the year for championing creativity and positivity in the face of adversity.
Check out this group with similar aims and activities to TBI's at
- 26/05/2020 Covid-19 - Local information
- 24/05/2020 Highland Council Garden Aid service to start
- 22/05/2020 BIHS Lockdown Gardening competitions
- 18/05/2020 Black Isle Horticultural Society update
- 16/05/2020 Greenpeace celebrates climate change successes
- 04/05/2020 Transition Town Forres is Growing Strong
- 02/05/2020 Good response to our 'Virtual Open Gardens' project - and now Scarecrows
- 01/05/2020 Gardeners! - bedding plants at Frank Nicol's, Dingwall
- 26/04/2020 Nairn community group supports individual projects as group events cancelled
- 24/04/2020 Veg consumption DOWN following 5-a-day campaign