BIP August newsletter and survey - A more resilient Black Isle
04 August 2020
Black Isle Bulletin issue 4, the latest newsletter from the Black Isle Partnership, includes a thoughtful article by Jon Palmer, BIP Chair, on creating a more resilient Black Isle; an update by Asia Cielecka, Community Resilience Coordinator, on the Community response to the pandemic, with organisational and funding support from BIP; an article on litter, also by Asia; and some beautiful images by Nat Wastnidge.
There is also a link to a survey, which all Black Isle residents are asked to complete, on how to create a resilience strategy for the Black Isle. The requested deadline for completion is Friday 21 August. (The survey link in the bulletin is incorrect - use the one above). Jon Palmer says about the survey
Please share this as widely as possible and encourage as many folk as can to complete it. Even if they only answer one or two questions it's all useful. Equally, if you're talking with someone who has a good idea but doesn't want to, or can't, fill in the survey themselves feel free to complete one on their behalf. The more input the better at this stage.
In her Editor's note, Asia writes
Our world has gone through a deep transformation, and many are asking how far will it reach. Will we create a greener economy and save the planet for the future generations? Are we to work from home permanently? Is our life to revolve around Zoom? Are we safe under the watchful eye of the data moguls?
. . .
There isn’t a one-size-fits all approach as all communities are diverse in their own ways. To pull together we need to include various (sometimes conflicting) voices, and trust that the equilibrium can be achieved, our economy will be sustainable, grants can be fair and based on self-declaration and that we will grow stronger through embracing change.
All trust starts with self trust, so lets trust ourselves a bit more.
- 22/09/2020 Covid-19 - Local information
- 20/09/2020 Energy Saving Advice from Home Energy Scotland
- 14/09/2020 Take 1 Action online Film Festival to 27 September
- 12/09/2020 Newsletters from kindred groups and Transition Network
- 08/09/2020 Scotland's Climate Week - Eco Congregation Scotland
- 06/09/2020 Ferintosh CC community bus consultation
- 24/08/2020 Black Isle Partnership Fifth Bulletin out now
- 18/08/2020 New TBI Active Travel Map published
- 16/08/2020 Highland Good Food Conversation launched
- 15/08/2020 Lockdown Resourcefulness - share your experiences