Woodland Crofts for the Black Isle?
26 January 2023
An article referred to in the latest newsletter from the Scottish Community Alliance puts forward the idea of Woodland crofts, with examples from Glengarry near Fort William
Local people in Glengarry are creating woodland crofts in nearby forests – affordable family homes designed for craftspeople, carpenters and small-scale farmers, using a shared ownership model designed to combat the soaring costs of scarce rural homes.
. . . .
There has been a recent surge of interest in woodland crofts, caused by the Covid crisis, Brexit, and a growing desire for low-carbon living, said Jamie McIntyre, who co-founded the Woodland Crofts Partnership, an advocacy and advice campaign.
Perhaps this is an idea which could be fed into Forestry and Land Scotland's updating of its Black Isle management plan?
Latest News Stories
- 22/03/2023 New golf course bid for Coul Links
- 20/03/2023 New Black Isle map and Tourism Booklet launched
- 18/03/2023 Black Isle Local Place Plan
- 14/03/2023 Ferintosh CC - Wee Bus for shopping trips to Dingwall
- 08/03/2023 A9 roadworks south of Tore roundabout
- 04/03/2023 Deposit return scheme faces opposition
- 02/03/2023 TBI discount for CAT Zero Carbon Britain course
- 26/02/2023 Nourish Scotland 'Right to Food' report published
- 10/02/2023 Climate activist jailed for mentioning climate crisis
- 07/02/2023 New waste incineration report published
- Wednesday 22 March
- 16:30 BI Local Place Plan local consultation - Munlochy
- 18:00 Opportunity Cromarty Firth - Green Freeport webinar
- 10:00 SCCAN Annual Gathering Edinburgh
- Thursday 23 March
- 10:15 CSI Ross-Shire AGM 2023
- 10:00 Scottish Government Resilient Communities workshops
- Friday 24 March
- NA Climate Week North East - to Sunday 2 April
- Saturday 25 March
- 12:00 Raasay Community Climate Festival
- 13:00 Black Isle Repair Cafe Cromarty
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Sign up here for the monthly TBI newsletter