Cromarty - Nigg ferry in service
26 June 2016
From a news item on www.cromartylive.co.uk
"The Renfrew Rose has arrived and begun a regular service ferrying cars and passengers between Cromarty and Nigg.
The ferry will depart Cromarty on the hour and half hour from 8.00am until 6.00pm daily. It will return from Nigg every 30 minutes at a quarter past and a quarter to the hour.* Fares range from a single journey for car and driver at £9.50 to a return ticket for car and family at £29.00.
The mv Renfrew Rose was built by MacCrindle Shipbuilding Ltd Ardrossan in 1984 with an original length of 53.9', breadth of 17.8' and draught of 6.2' depth. She was operated by Strathclyde Partnership for Transport (SPT) as the Renfrew to Yoker Ferry until 2010. Most recently, she was the Burtonport to Arranmore ferry in Co. Donegal.
*Times can be affected by weather and tides."
All ferry enquiries to Dougie Roberston - Highland Ferries 07468 417137
- 15/10/2018 Inverness Food Assembly closes - Great British Food Hub opens
- 08/10/2018 Climate change - IPCC report calls for urgent action
- 07/10/2018 Orchard Revival Project in the news
- 04/10/2018 Coul Links golf course planning application called in
- 02/10/2018 'Drowning in Plastic' - catch up if you missed it
- 26/09/2018 Sleeper update - new trains delayed again
- 21/09/2018 Mid Ross Community Partnership Meeting Thursday 27 September Munlochy
- 20/09/2018 Dingwall Academy Harvest Market Wednesday 26 September
- 18/09/2018 Food Assembly closing - Dingwall Academy Market to open
- 16/09/2018 Have you got the bottle? - Deposit Return consultation closes 25 September