Cromarty - Nigg ferry in service
26 June 2016
From a news item on www.cromartylive.co.uk
"The Renfrew Rose has arrived and begun a regular service ferrying cars and passengers between Cromarty and Nigg.
The ferry will depart Cromarty on the hour and half hour from 8.00am until 6.00pm daily. It will return from Nigg every 30 minutes at a quarter past and a quarter to the hour.* Fares range from a single journey for car and driver at £9.50 to a return ticket for car and family at £29.00.
The mv Renfrew Rose was built by MacCrindle Shipbuilding Ltd Ardrossan in 1984 with an original length of 53.9', breadth of 17.8' and draught of 6.2' depth. She was operated by Strathclyde Partnership for Transport (SPT) as the Renfrew to Yoker Ferry until 2010. Most recently, she was the Burtonport to Arranmore ferry in Co. Donegal.
*Times can be affected by weather and tides."
All ferry enquiries to Dougie Roberston - Highland Ferries 07468 417137
- 24/11/2022 Covid-19 - Local and national information
- 20/11/2022 Highland Council 'Have your Say' consultation results
- 19/11/2022 20 Minute Neighbourhoods in the Highlands and Islands
- 18/11/2022 Safety improvements at Munlochy junction
- 30/10/2022 Greta Thunberg interviewed by Amol Rajan
- 02/10/2022 Food standards and environmental protection in danger from repeal of 'retained EU law'
- 01/10/2022 Recent newsletters - October
- 30/09/2022 Fracking ban in England lifted
- 20/09/2022 Scotland's bottle return scheme delayed
- 18/09/2022 HC media releases on Community Regeneration funding and interim Community Council elections
- Tuesday 29 November
- 09:30 Nourish Scotland - Agriculture Bill consultation workshops
- Thursday 1 December
- 19:00 FLS Community consultation on Black Isle Land Management Plan
- Wednesday 7 December
- 09:15 CoMoUK Shared Transport Conference
- Thursday 8 December
- NA CoMoUK Shared Transport Conference
- Saturday 10 December
- 10:30 Cromarty Community Market
- Wednesday 14 December
- 08:30 Online conference - Next steps for UK climate change policy
- Saturday 17 December
- NA Culbokie Community Market
- Saturday 7 January
- NA Black Isle Repair Cafe Fortrose
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.