Sleeper update - new trains delayed again
26 September 2018
Serco / Caledonian Sleeper has announced that the introduction of the new sleeper trains, planned to start this month after being delayed from the original start date in April, will be further delayed. Their start on the Lowland routes from Glasgow and Edinburgh, is now proposed for 'Spring 2019', and on all routes, including the services from Inverness, Aberdeen and Fort William, by the end of May.
Serco blames the delay on incomplete delivery of the trains from the Spanish manufacturers, and the time required for 'testing and gaining the necessary regulatory and operating approvals'.
Read the Serco press release.
- 05/11/2018 Black Isle and Inverness bus service changes January 2019
- 26/10/2018 2019 Community Markets leaflet available now
- 26/10/2018 TBI Website Produce Exchange now open
- 22/10/2018 BITT October Bulletin
- 18/10/2018 Jailed Fracking pprotesters freed on appeal
- 16/10/2018 European community initiatives on climate change
- 15/10/2018 Inverness Food Assembly closes - Great British Food Hub opens
- 08/10/2018 Climate change - IPCC report calls for urgent action
- 07/10/2018 Orchard Revival Project in the news
- 04/10/2018 Coul Links golf course planning application called in