Sleeper update - new trains delayed again
26 September 2018
Serco / Caledonian Sleeper has announced that the introduction of the new sleeper trains, planned to start this month after being delayed from the original start date in April, will be further delayed. Their start on the Lowland routes from Glasgow and Edinburgh, is now proposed for 'Spring 2019', and on all routes, including the services from Inverness, Aberdeen and Fort William, by the end of May.
Serco blames the delay on incomplete delivery of the trains from the Spanish manufacturers, and the time required for 'testing and gaining the necessary regulatory and operating approvals'.
Read the Serco press release.
- 18/03/2019 Milk dispenser up and running at Black Isle Dairy
- 16/03/2019 Site visit and opposition evidence at Coul Links planning enquiry
- 15/03/2019 #YouthStrike4Climate - Another day of Climate Change protest by young people
- 12/03/2019 Scotland a Good Food Nation?
- 08/03/2019 Recycle for Scotland Pass it on Week 9 - 17 March
- 18/02/2019 Coul Links golf course planning enquiry opens
- 16/02/2019 Another successful Potato Day
- 14/02/2019 Scotland net Zero by 2045? - New Climate Change report by WWF
- 12/02/2019 School Climate change protest strikes - Fort William teenager featured in The Guardian
- 22/01/2019 "Our house is on fire" - Greta Thunberg speaks at World Economic Forum at Davos