Sleeper update - new trains delayed again
26 September 2018
Serco / Caledonian Sleeper has announced that the introduction of the new sleeper trains, planned to start this month after being delayed from the original start date in April, will be further delayed. Their start on the Lowland routes from Glasgow and Edinburgh, is now proposed for 'Spring 2019', and on all routes, including the services from Inverness, Aberdeen and Fort William, by the end of May.
Serco blames the delay on incomplete delivery of the trains from the Spanish manufacturers, and the time required for 'testing and gaining the necessary regulatory and operating approvals'.
Read the Serco press release.
- 14/01/2019 2018 Gardeners' Question Time and seed Swap Friday 18 January Tore Hall 7.30
- 12/01/2019 Culbokie Community Market Saturday 19 January
- 08/01/2019 New bus timetables in operation
- 06/01/2019 Permaculture on the Black Isle - BIPA 2018 newsletter
- 04/01/2019 Contact with GALE renewed - 2018 newsletters available
- 02/01/2019 ECOLISE review of COP24 climate conference
- 30/12/2018 Swedish teenager's climate ptotest
- 28/12/2018 2019 Community Markets leaflet available now
- 18/12/2018 Mixed reaction to COP24 climate talks in Poland
- 16/12/2018 BITT December Bulletin and 'Slow Tourism' video