"Our house is on fire" - Greta Thunberg speaks at World Economic Forum at Davos
22 January 2019
The Swedish teenager, now 16, who hit the headlines by leading school strikes against climate change and addressed the UN Climate Conference in Katowice in December, has taken the train to Davos to tell the political and business leaders gathered for the World Economic Forum "Our house is on fire . . . I don’t want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic. I want you to feel the fear I feel every day. And then I want you to act."
The Guardian 25 January Text and video of Greta's speech
CNN Ivana Kottasova and Eliza Mackintosh 25 January Interview and pictures
- 16/05/2019 Muir of Ord and Dingwall Markets
- 14/05/2019 The Global Climate Emergency - Climate Change Secretary Roseanna Cunningham's statement to the Scottish Parliament 14 May 2019
- 13/05/2019 BIHS Plant & Produce sale and Soup Lunch Saturday 25 May Avoch
- 12/05/2019 Details revealed for Scotland's bottle and can deposit return scheme
- 10/05/2019 Highland Council declares a climate emergency Highland carbon-neutral target 2025
- 08/05/2019 Nature crisis: Humans 'threaten 1m species with extinction'
- 06/05/2019 UK Parliament declares climate change emergency
- 02/05/2019 Greta Thunberg joins David Attenborough in new Climate Change documentary
- 24/04/2019 BITT seeks feedback in their April Bulletin
- 16/04/2019 Extinction Rebellion: Climate protesters 'making a difference'