School Climate change protest strikes - Fort William teenager featured in The Guardian
12 February 2019
'I feel very angry': the 13-year-old on school strike for climate action
The Guardian Friday 8 February Sandra Laville
"Until recently, Holly Gillibrand was like any other schoolchild, keen on the outdoors, football and rock climbing, inspired by the stunning surroundings of her secondary school at the foot of Ben Nevis.
"But for the past five Fridays, while hundreds of her fellow students file into class, she has stood outside Lochaber high school in Fort William in the Highlands to take strike action.
"Her protest is not for better classrooms, nicer meals or more free time. Holly, 13, is helping to build a UK movement of children demanding more action on climate change by withdrawing themselves from the lessons they are legally required to attend."
- 24/08/2019 Advance notice - save the date - TBI 10th anniversary ceilidh Friday 27 September Resolis Hall
- 22/08/2019 'The Retreat from Truth' - a pessimist's manifesto
- 22/08/2019 TBI film 'More than Honey' Thursday 5 September Muir Hub
- 16/08/2019 New Stgecoach bus timetables from Monday 19 August
- 14/08/2019 Drumsmittal Holiday Park - Exhibition/consultation Wednesday 21 August North Kessock
- 08/08/2019 Highland Council pressed for Climate Emergency action
- 08/08/2019 Extinction Rebellion active in the Highlands
- 04/08/2019 Drastic Plastic at Black Isle Show
- 28/07/2019 From the Changeworks / Home Energy Scotland July newsletter
- 18/07/2019 Fracking - Scottish Government renews Ineos Falkirk licence and Cuadrilla set to re-start in Lancashire