School Climate change protest strikes - Fort William teenager featured in The Guardian
12 February 2019
'I feel very angry': the 13-year-old on school strike for climate action
The Guardian Friday 8 February Sandra Laville
"Until recently, Holly Gillibrand was like any other schoolchild, keen on the outdoors, football and rock climbing, inspired by the stunning surroundings of her secondary school at the foot of Ben Nevis.
"But for the past five Fridays, while hundreds of her fellow students file into class, she has stood outside Lochaber high school in Fort William in the Highlands to take strike action.
"Her protest is not for better classrooms, nicer meals or more free time. Holly, 13, is helping to build a UK movement of children demanding more action on climate change by withdrawing themselves from the lessons they are legally required to attend."
- 18/03/2019 Milk dispenser up and running at Black Isle Dairy
- 16/03/2019 Site visit and opposition evidence at Coul Links planning enquiry
- 15/03/2019 #YouthStrike4Climate - Another day of Climate Change protest by young people
- 12/03/2019 Scotland a Good Food Nation?
- 08/03/2019 Recycle for Scotland Pass it on Week 9 - 17 March
- 18/02/2019 Coul Links golf course planning enquiry opens
- 16/02/2019 Another successful Potato Day
- 14/02/2019 Scotland net Zero by 2045? - New Climate Change report by WWF
- 12/02/2019 School Climate change protest strikes - Fort William teenager featured in The Guardian
- 22/01/2019 "Our house is on fire" - Greta Thunberg speaks at World Economic Forum at Davos