School Climate change protest strikes - Fort William teenager featured in The Guardian
12 February 2019
'I feel very angry': the 13-year-old on school strike for climate action
The Guardian Friday 8 February Sandra Laville
"Until recently, Holly Gillibrand was like any other schoolchild, keen on the outdoors, football and rock climbing, inspired by the stunning surroundings of her secondary school at the foot of Ben Nevis.
"But for the past five Fridays, while hundreds of her fellow students file into class, she has stood outside Lochaber high school in Fort William in the Highlands to take strike action.
"Her protest is not for better classrooms, nicer meals or more free time. Holly, 13, is helping to build a UK movement of children demanding more action on climate change by withdrawing themselves from the lessons they are legally required to attend."
- 16/05/2019 Muir of Ord and Dingwall Markets
- 14/05/2019 The Global Climate Emergency - Climate Change Secretary Roseanna Cunningham's statement to the Scottish Parliament 14 May 2019
- 13/05/2019 BIHS Plant & Produce sale and Soup Lunch Saturday 25 May Avoch
- 12/05/2019 Details revealed for Scotland's bottle and can deposit return scheme
- 10/05/2019 Highland Council declares a climate emergency Highland carbon-neutral target 2025
- 08/05/2019 Nature crisis: Humans 'threaten 1m species with extinction'
- 06/05/2019 UK Parliament declares climate change emergency
- 02/05/2019 Greta Thunberg joins David Attenborough in new Climate Change documentary
- 24/04/2019 BITT seeks feedback in their April Bulletin
- 16/04/2019 Extinction Rebellion: Climate protesters 'making a difference'