Campaign for Scottish Environment Act
06 September 2019
TBI was one of over fifty signatories to a letter sent in June to the First Minister Nicola Sturgeon by the umbrella organisation Scottish Environment Link, requesting the introduction of a Scottish Environment Act "that makes Scotland’s vision to be an environmental world leader a reality."
In July the First Minister responded with a summary of various aspects of the Scottish Government's environment strategy, but without giving any undertaking on the introduction of a Scottish Environment Act.
You can read the full story on the Scottish Environment Link website, with links to the SEL letter and Nicola Sturgeon's reply, as well as to the Scottish Government's declaration of a climate emergency and a major UN report on biodiversity.
- 10/08/2020 Covid-19 - Local information
- 08/08/2020 Roots & Growth project, Munlochy - open online meeting Wednesday 12 August
- 06/08/2020 IncrEdible Inverness launch event - IncrEdible Mintyness Saturday 15 August
- 02/08/2020 Black Isle Partnership newsletter - Covid-19 recovery and other issues
- 30/07/2020 Back to School Grant
- 26/07/2020 CCT newsletter
- 22/07/2020 Fast fashion abuses close to home but not really news
- 20/07/2020 Greta's Year - Humanity has not yet failed
- 18/07/2020 Planet Sutherland newsletter
- 17/07/2020 Garden Challenges from Black Isle Horticultural Society