Campaign for Scottish Environment Act
06 September 2019
TBI was one of over fifty signatories to a letter sent in June to the First Minister Nicola Sturgeon by the umbrella organisation Scottish Environment Link, requesting the introduction of a Scottish Environment Act "that makes Scotland’s vision to be an environmental world leader a reality."
In July the First Minister responded with a summary of various aspects of the Scottish Government's environment strategy, but without giving any undertaking on the introduction of a Scottish Environment Act.
You can read the full story on the Scottish Environment Link website, with links to the SEL letter and Nicola Sturgeon's reply, as well as to the Scottish Government's declaration of a climate emergency and a major UN report on biodiversity.
- 13/11/2019 Ross-Shire Voluntary Action AGM Thursday 14 November Dingwall
- 10/11/2019 European Week for Waste Reduction 16 - 24 November 2019
- 08/11/2019 Culbokie Community Market
- 30/10/2019 Fracking halted in England - a moratorium but not a complete ban
- 28/10/2019 Active Travel Groups' response to Scottish Transport Strategy branded as 'hogwash' by Highland Councillor
- 26/10/2019 RVA Newsletter and AGM Thursday 14 November Dingwall
- 14/10/2019 Newsletters received from CCT, GALE and BITT
- 04/10/2019 Climate Change links and resources
- 18/09/2019 Local Food initiatives around Bristol . . . and the Black Isle
- 16/09/2019 We must change food production to save the world - latest IPCC report