Scottish Parliament petition to ban single-use plastics
10 September 2019
Mark Purrett of Portree High School has sent a link to a Scottish Parliament petition promoted by Stephen Henry, "calling on the Scottish Parliament to urge the Scottish Government to ban single use plastics across Scotland." The closing date for signing the petition on line is 30 September.
Whether a petition is debated by the parliament depends on the decision of the parliament's Public Petitions Committee, and not on the number of signatures collected. Petitions are more likely to be referred to a subject committee of the parliament or to another public body, or the committee may decide to take no action at all.
- 13/11/2019 Ross-Shire Voluntary Action AGM Thursday 14 November Dingwall
- 10/11/2019 European Week for Waste Reduction 16 - 24 November 2019
- 08/11/2019 Culbokie Community Market
- 30/10/2019 Fracking halted in England - a moratorium but not a complete ban
- 28/10/2019 Active Travel Groups' response to Scottish Transport Strategy branded as 'hogwash' by Highland Councillor
- 26/10/2019 RVA Newsletter and AGM Thursday 14 November Dingwall
- 14/10/2019 Newsletters received from CCT, GALE and BITT
- 04/10/2019 Climate Change links and resources
- 18/09/2019 Local Food initiatives around Bristol . . . and the Black Isle
- 16/09/2019 We must change food production to save the world - latest IPCC report