Scottish Parliament petition to ban single-use plastics
10 September 2019
Mark Purrett of Portree High School has sent a link to a Scottish Parliament petition promoted by Stephen Henry, "calling on the Scottish Parliament to urge the Scottish Government to ban single use plastics across Scotland." The closing date for signing the petition on line is 30 September.
Whether a petition is debated by the parliament depends on the decision of the parliament's Public Petitions Committee, and not on the number of signatures collected. Petitions are more likely to be referred to a subject committee of the parliament or to another public body, or the committee may decide to take no action at all.
- 08/07/2020 Covid-19 - Local information
- 07/07/2020 'Third Sector' job opportunities with HTSI and others
- 06/07/2020 UK funding fossil fuels overseas
- 03/07/2020 Scotland misses its emissions target
- 02/07/2020 'From Degrowth to Decolonization' - Ecologist magazine
- 01/07/2020 Ross-shire Voluntary Action July newsletter
- 30/06/2020 Stagecoach bus timetable changes from 29 June
- 22/06/2020 Black Isle Partnership Covid-19 Newsletter
- 06/06/2020 New website page 'Coronavirus recovery'
- 04/06/2020 TBI signs 'Just & Green Recovery' letter to FM, and responds to Scottish Government recovery consultation