Local Food initiatives around Bristol . . . and the Black Isle
18 September 2019
An article in the Guardian Weekly of 30 August has drawn our attention to the wealth of local Food & Growing activity around Bristol, which gained the European Green Capital award in 2015 and has Caroline Lucas as one of its MPs. The Bristol Food Producers organisation lists among its members twenty-five local producers within 10 miles of Bristol, another eight inside a 50 mile radius, eleven 'starter producers' and six distributors/retailers.
Of course the Black Isle and immediate hinterland has its own local food producers. Listen to two of them talking about their businesses and the advantages of local growing, taken from the Our Local Larder website www.blackislelarder.org.
Read more about local growing initiatives at Food & Growing / Food & Growing.
- 04/08/2020 Covid-19 - Local information
- 02/08/2020 Black Isle Partnership newsletter - Covid-19 recovery and other issues
- 30/07/2020 Back to School Grant
- 26/07/2020 CCT newsletter
- 22/07/2020 Fast fashion abuses close to home but not really news
- 20/07/2020 Greta's Year - Humanity has not yet failed
- 18/07/2020 Planet Sutherland newsletter
- 17/07/2020 Garden Challenges from Black Isle Horticultural Society
- 12/07/2020 Campain group calls for stronger Environment laws
- 08/07/2020 'Third Sector' job opportunities with HTSI and others