Local Food initiatives around Bristol . . . and the Black Isle
18 September 2019
An article in the Guardian Weekly of 30 August has drawn our attention to the wealth of local Food & Growing activity around Bristol, which gained the European Green Capital award in 2015 and has Caroline Lucas as one of its MPs. The Bristol Food Producers organisation lists among its members twenty-five local producers within 10 miles of Bristol, another eight inside a 50 mile radius, eleven 'starter producers' and six distributors/retailers.
Of course the Black Isle and immediate hinterland has its own local food producers. Listen to two of them talking about their businesses and the advantages of local growing, taken from the Our Local Larder website www.blackislelarder.org.
Read more about local growing initiatives at Food & Growing / Food & Growing.
- 02/12/2019 'Muir Matters' Winter issue out now
- 28/11/2019 Email lobby of MSPs over Coul Links golf course decision
- 12/11/2019 Calls for action in 'Green New Deal' proposals
- 10/11/2019 Ross-Shire Voluntary Action December newsletter out now
- 08/11/2019 November Newsletter from Culbokie Community Trust
- 06/11/2019 Community Council Election results/nominations
- 30/10/2019 Fracking halted in England - a moratorium but not a complete ban
- 28/10/2019 Active Travel Groups' response to Scottish Transport Strategy branded as 'hogwash' by Highland Councillor
- 26/10/2019 RVA Newsletter and AGM Thursday 14 November Dingwall
- 14/10/2019 Newsletters received from CCT, GALE and BITT