Weaving and Spinning
Highland Guild of Weavers Spinners and Dyers
This is a group of people all over the Highlands who enjoy spinning, weaving and dying.
They hold monthly workshops from September to June covering core crafts and related topics such as design, knitting, basket making etc. and demonstrate at a variety of events, particularly the local agricultural shows, and have an exhibition of their work every few years.
To find out more go to:- www.hgwsd.co.uk
- Friday 5 March
- 09:30 Transition summit - What is breaking through as the food system breaks down?
- Saturday 6 March
- 11:00 Climate Change Garden - The Fairtrade Foundation
- 09:30 Transition summit - Does environmental sustainability have a problem with social justice?
- Monday 8 March
- 16:00 A New vision for Land Use in Scotland - Scottish Ecological design Association
- Tuesday 9 March
- 19:30 'Economics for Activists' 5 - Nancy Folbre
- 09:30 Transition summit - What if... Neighbourhood Democracy!
- Wednesday 10 March
- 19:00 Transition Summit - Rob Hopkins - Cultivating everyday imagination
- Thursday 11 March
- 19:30 TBI Admin (Directors) meeting, 7.30 online
Events to add to calendar? Contact Us.
Add Your Business
Do you run a sustainable business on or near the Black Isle? Add it to the TBI business directory